Mind-blowing
KUALA TERENGGANU: Hamid Mustafa will forever be haunted by the screams of his twin daughters Nur Fatin Farhana and Nur Fatin Farhanah who died when fire razed their house in Kampung Durian Mas, Manir.
The three-year-olds were playing in their room when the fire started at about 9.15am at their home in the Poor Families Development Programme settlement here.
Tragic deaths: A Fire and Rescue officer checking the burnt room where the girls died.
Hamid, 40, was asleep but was jolted awake when he heard a relative yelling that the girls' room was on fire.
“I tried to enter the room to rescue my girls but the fire had started to spread.
“I could not do anything,” he sobbed. Hamid, who is suffering from epilepsy, said the twins, who were the youngest among seven children, never played in their bedroom during the day before.
“I cannot help but think that I could have saved them if I had reacted faster,” Hamid said.
A picture of the twins, Nur Fatin Fahana and Nur Fatin Farhanah.
The girls' mother Suriyani Sulong, who was working as a cleaner at a nearby school, said the girls would always brighten up her day when she came home from work.
“Now I fear I will never smile again,” she said.
Kuala Terengganu Fire and Rescue department assistant director Mohd Ridzuan Hassan said the twins died due to smoke inhalation while there were multiple signs of burns on their bodies.
The bodies were sent to the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital for post-mortem.

Edited by Carmeline A.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment